Shrimp and Feta Casserole
1 Tbsp. olive oil
4 large scallions, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 lb. med. shrimp, shelled and deveined
4 plum tomatoes, halved, seeded and diced
4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp. dill, finely chopped
1/4 tsp. Tabasco sauce
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Butter a 10 cup casserole baking dish.
3. Heat the oil in a small frying pan. Add the scallions
and cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently,
until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and
cook, stirring for one more minute.
4. Spread the mixture in the baking dish and arrange the
shrimp on top. Sprinkle with the tomatoes and feta. In a
bowl, beat the eggs with the dill, Tabasco sauce, salt and
black pepper. Beat in the cream. Spoon over the shrimp and
sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes until the casserole is set and
the shrimp are cooked through.
Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.