Blueberry-Sour Cream Pie
1 Large graham cracker crust
1 pound frozen blueberries (not packed in syrup)
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup white granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Prebake the pie crust as directed on the package and let cool.
2. Combine the frozen blueberries and lemon juice in a
3. Cover, and cook over medium to low heat until the blueberries
are almost simmering in their own liquid. Mix the sugar and cornstarch
together in a small bowl, then stir the mixture into the blueberries.
4. Bring the fruit to a boil, stirring. Once the fruit starts to boil,
reduce the heat a little and cook, stirring nonstop, for 1-2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Turn the fruit mixture
into a shallow bowl and let cool for 15-20 minutes.
5. Spoon the partially cooled filling into the cooled pie shell and
smooth with a spoon.
6. Refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes.
1. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugars, and lemon
zest together in a medium-size bowl until smooth. Add the sour cream
and vanilla and blend briefly until smooth. Spoon the filling over the
chilled pie and smooth the top with a spoon. Cover with tented
aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.