Southwestern Breakfast Tortillas
1 large potato
3/4 pound turkey sausage
1 small onion, chopped
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3/4 cup egg substitute
6 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
1/2 cup reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup salsa
1. Cook the potato in boiling water 30-35 minutes until tender.
Cool, peel and cut into cubes.
2. Brown sausage in frying pan.
3. Add chopped onion, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
Cook for 10-12 minutes. Drain and discard any fat.
4. Add cubed, cooked potato. Beat egg substitute and add
to pan. Stir until eggs are set.
5. Spoon mixture into center of warmed tortilla, top with
shredded cheese, and roll up tortilla. Serve topped with salsa.
Makes 6 servings at 409 Calories each.