Buttermilk Pecan Pie
1 pie crust
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Roll out pie crust just slightly larger than your 9-inch
deep dish pie plate.
3. Gently fit the dough into the pie plate, being careful
not to stretch the dough. Trim off any excess dough, then
tuck the edges under and crimp the border. Put the pie
plate and crust into the refrigerator to chill while you make
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter and sugar.
Whisk to combine.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Add the flour and salt and whisk until just incorporated.
Whisk in the buttermilk and vanilla.
6. Place the chilled pie plate and crust onto a rimmed baking
sheet. Place the pecans in the bottom of your crust. Pour the
buttermilk mixture carefully over the pecans.
7. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes until golden brown and slightly
puffed in the center of the pie. Allow pie to set and cool completely.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.