Egg White and Tomato Omelet
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Med. Tomatoes, finely chopped
1 Cup Thinly Sliced Spinach
2 Green Onions, chopped
Salt and Black ground Pepper
6 Egg whites
3 Teaspoons water
1. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil.
2. Add the tomatoes, spinach, and green onions. Sauté for 2 to 4 minutes,
or until the spinach is wilted.
3. Season with salt and pepper and remove the skillet from the heat.
Set aside, cover, and keep warm. Wipe the skillet with a paper towel
4. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites and the water until frothy.
5. Heat the skillet to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
6. Add the egg whites and cook until set, about 1 to 3 minutes, swirling
the pan and lifting the edges to allow the uncooked egg to run underneath
the cooked egg white.
7. Spoon the spinach mixture onto the omelet. Fold the omelet in half
and slide it onto a serving plate. Cut in half.